Yesterday I posted a recipe full of berries and day dreaming of summer, but starting today I am ready to embrace fall! Fall is probably one of my favorite seasons (mine and everyone else’s).
Summers in North Carolina are brutal, so I welcome the cool autumn breeze. Of course, the perfect fall weather doesn't last long so let’s enjoy our favorite things about fall before winter sneaks up on us!
1. Crisp, Cool Air - Humidity is not my friend. I hate how it weighs down on you like a moist blanket, only exacerbating the heat. Yes, I don't think I'll ever get used to it. So, my favorite thing about fall is the lack of humidity! Nothing is more refreshing than cool air. (Notice I didn't say cold, big difference!)
2. Layers - I love layers! My most common clothing items are probably jackets and cardigans. I don't know what it is, but I don't feel like my look is complete without a cardigan on! Plus, let’s not forget about scarves! I love wearing scarves when you actually aren't freezing and mostly wearing them for fashion. The right scarf can make a bland outfit into something a little extra.
3. Boots - Enough said. First cool day and you will find me in boots until March. You just slip them on and you are ready to go!
4. Fall Themed Starbucks Drinks - Would it be a list of fall favorites without at least hinting at pumpkin spice latte? Yeah, I thought not! You know it is officially fall when you crave a warm pumpkin spice latte! It makes me giddy for fall just thinking about it! ;)
5. Color of the Leaves - I love walking and hiking, but when the leaves start changing into their vibrant fall colors I am constantly trying to get outdoors. It is around this time that I start day dreaming about driving off to the mountains in my little camper and waking up to the beautiful view of fall every day!
It is hard living as a fall obsessed, camper loving, adventure yearning soul when you are stuck in a poor students body. Sigh...
There are so many wonderful things about fall, but I only shared a few of my favorites. What are some things you look forward to about fall? Share in the comments below!